Ben joined Rickards Whiteley as a solicitor in 2018 having previously worked as a commercial lawyer in Canberra with a leading national law firm.
Ben was admitted to legal practice in 2012 after attaining a Juris Doctor from the University of Technology, Sydney. Prior to his legal career Ben completed a Bachelor of Management at the University of Sydney (Orange campus), and later held a number of senior communications and policy roles as an advisor to NSW Government ministers in the treasury, transport and energy portfolios.
While Ben spent much of his early professional career in Sydney and Canberra, he retained a close connection to the Central West and has a keen interest in agriculture through his involvement in a family farming partnership based at Canowindra.
Ben's practice is primarily focused on commercial law, acting for individuals, corporations, and government agencies in the following areas:-
- commercial transactions including buying and selling of businesses, option agreements, finance and security agreements;
- business structuring and asset protection;
- corporate governance and regulatory affairs including advice on probity matters, conflicts of interest, director’s duties and engagement with regulatory agencies;
- negotiation and preparation of shareholder agreements, unitholder agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements, distribution and supplier agreements;
- resolution of shareholder and partnership disputes, and contractual disputes.
Ben is married to Kristy, and together with their three boys they live on the family farm near Canowindra, growing mainly prime lambs, cereal and oilseed crops. Away from work Ben is actively involved in local junior rugby, and can usually be found on weekends couriering his kids around their various sporting and social pursuits.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not intended to replace legal advice specific to your situation. Whilst due care has been used to maintain information on this website, Rickards Whiteley does not warrant the accuracy or correctness of same.