Laying the Foundation for Success
The success, or failure, of a new business hinges upon the right foundations. At Rickards Whiteley, our team of professionals will provide advice to you on the various options available to you in establishing or acquiring a new business, and the key legal risks and tax considerations that should be taken into account when choosing the right structure.
Experienced Advice for Individuals and Corporations
At Rickards Whiteley, we provide advice to individuals and corporations on:
- Buying and selling businesses.
- Business start-up and succession planning.
- Structure and associated risks of - private company limited by shares; public company; partnership; discretionary or unit trust; incorporated or unincorporated joint venture.
- General advice on the tax and non-tax costs and their impact on business structures.
- Asset protection considerations when selecting an appropriate business structure.
- Drafting and preparing the legal documents required for the effective performance of the appropriate entity (including shareholders agreements partnership deeds, restraints of trade and issuing and transferring shares).
- The problems that can arise in a business acquisition and what to do about them.
- Drafting and preparation of contracts for the day-to-day management of the business including terms and conditions of trade.
- Resolving disputes between customers and businesses.
- Lending, real property and stock mortgages and security interests including the implication of the Personal Property Securities Act.
- Commercial and retail leasing.
- Liquor licensing and poker machine entitlements.
- Employment and workplace relations.
The team at Rickards Whiteley will collaborate with our experienced consultants and your financial advisors to ensure that the appropriate structure and entity has been established for the efficient day-to-day management of your business.
Whether you are just starting out or currently carrying on a large scale commercial enterprise, we will work with you to grow and sustain your business. Please contact us on 02 6361 9532 to discuss your commercial transaction.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not intended to replace legal advice specific to your situation. Whilst due care has been used to maintain information on this website, Rickards Whiteley does not warrant the accuracy or correctness of same.