We have a highly qualified and friendly team of solicitors, paralegals and conveyancers.
Our principals, Kim Rickards and Michael Whiteley, are respectively the only NSW Law Society Accredited Specialists in Personal Injury Law and Property Law in the Orange and Cowra areas.
We provide a personalised, efficient and cost effective service in many areas of law including:-
Conveyancing and Property Law
- Residential (buying and selling)
- Investors and first home buyers (buying and selling)
- Commercial and retail (buying, selling and leasing)
- Farms and agricultural enterprises (buying, selling and leasing)
- Water Access Licences (applying for and subdividing, permanent and temporary transfers)
- Hotel and Motels (buying, selling and leasing)
- Strata and community title (establishing, buying and selling)
- Easements and restrictive covenants (creating and resolving disputes)
- Subdivision, property development and planning matters
- Old system title, Crown land and Western Lands Leases (buying, selling and leasing)
- Retirement Villages (reviewing contracts)
- Advising generally on purchasing structures, GST, CGT, depreciation, stamp duty
and land tax implications for or in respect to any of the above transactions
- Buying and selling businesses
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Liquor licensing and poker machine entitlements
- Business structures (partnership, company, trust, joint venture)
- Business succession planning (shareholder's agreements, partnership agreements,
- Employment and workplace relations
Securities and Mortgages
- Land mortgages (acting for lenders and borrowers)
- Stock mortgages (acting for livestock agents and borrowers)
- Share mortgages
- Company charges
- Chattel mortgages
- Enforcing mortgage debts
Negotiating and drafting a fair and workable lease is extremely important for both landlords and tenants of commercial, agricultural and domestic properties.
There are a number of mandatory laws which apply to different types of leased properties regardless of what the provisions of the lease may say, and there are also many other legal options which need to be considered.
An effective lease is a valuable asset in business for both tenant and landlord. We have special experience and skill in this area in helping our clients meet their goals.
Insurance Claims, Negligence Claims, Workplace Claims,
Medical Treatment Claims, Motor Vehicle Claims
Despite our success rate and the fact we are accredited by the NSW Law Society as a
specialist in these areas, the law prohibits us from advertising these services in NSW.
If you have any questions or problems or want to know more, please just call us on
02 6361 9532, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to see us.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
We have a long and successful record in dispute resolution and achieving fair results for our clients. Disputes can seriously interrupt business and personal life and they can often chew up too much time and money.
If we have to fight your case, we can provide superior advocacy services and advice throughout the process. Our experience allows us to help clients with early and accurate advice about disputes, the methods of resolution and the likely expenses.
Wills and Estates
Regardless of age, every adult person should have a valid Will. We can help you with
simple Wills right through to complex estate planning.
An effective estate plan considers your family situation, your financial situation and
what you would like to happen with your estate in the event of your death.
An effective Will and estate plan can:-
- Minimise tax and stamp duty payable by beneficiaries
- Provide asset protection for beneficiaries
- Protect inheritances from the beneficiaries themselves
- Give you peace of mind
Powers of Attorney & Guardianship
We believe that our clients should always consider having an enduring Power of Attorney.
An enduring Power of Attorney is essential if you suffer severe incapacity or if you are out of the country for any extended period of time. It allows your appointed attorney to manage your affairs during your incapacity or absence.
If you do not have a Power of Attorney your assets may need to be managed by a government agency such as the Protective Commissioner or an application may need to be made to the Courts. The cost of government administration or Court Orders is significant.
An Appointment of Enduring Guardianship is a document which appoints another person or persons to make life decisions upon your behalf, if you are unable to do so, such as:-
- What medical or dental treatment you receive or do not receive
- Where you live
- What other personal services you receive or do not receive
This type of document is often also called a "living will".
We have provided expert representation and advocacy services for clients over many
years to help them with police charges, neighbourhood disputes, debt recovery and government prosecution.
We represent clients in Court throughout NSW and always provide honest and accurate
advice at an early stage about costs and achievable outcomes. This means that our clients achieve a high success rate in contested Court actions.
Clubs, hotels and liquor outlets in New South Wales are heavily regulated. There are many regulations which are designed to promote the responsible service of alcohol and use of poker machines.
We have substantial experience in assisting clients with:-
- Licensing law compliance
- Sales and leases of licensed premises
- Court representation and advice
If you are a victim of crime you may be entitled to compensation and/or free counselling. Please contact us to see if you are eligible for Victims Compensation or counselling
on 02 6361 9532.